Wow, I can't believe how long it has been since I last updated our blog. Can you believe I went an entire month without a single post? I promise to be better...I guess so many fun things have been happening so I better start catching up.
- Bowling for Babies was on May 12th and we had another awesome turnout. We raised just under $12K again this year to help families in the NICU. Over 200 people showed up to bowl and enjoy the day with us. Thank you to everyone who came out and bowled for babies! It is so wonderful to see so many of our friends and supporters out helping our cause.
- Thank you especially to our awesome event sponsors! We are so grateful to have some many supporters.
- Jenny and Michael Reyes
- Ella's Halo also sponsored the Children's Baby Steps 3K water stop again this year. It was a fun day, beautiful weather and tons of walkers. Baby Steps raised over $80,000 and had over 1,800 walkers and attendees! We are so honored to be a part of this wonderful event to help the Children's Hospital and their NICUs. Children's of Minnesota has the largest neonatal program in the region and was recognized as one of the top neonatal programs in the country by U.S. News World Report's.
- Ella's Halo was a school project for three girls at Southview Middle School in Edina. They interviewed us and organized a book drive, as well, they helped with various other Ella's Halo projects. We were excited to go and visit them at their school while they gave their presentation to other classmates. It was not only fun for us, but hopefully the girls learned a little along the way too.
- We also worked with Children's NEXT group. These ladies helped to put together 50 welcome bags for families in the NICU during one of their meeting. It was a fun evening catching up and having them help us put together our bags to give to families at their own NICU.
- Earlier in June we remembered Ella on her angel day. It has been three years since we lost our sweet baby girl and started on this incredible and very different journey of Ella's Halo. I look back and it truly amazes me the things we have been able to accomplish over the last three years to help other families like ours in the NICU. And to think, it all started with a sweet little girl. We remember her always and miss her so much. Later this month we are so looking forward to the safe arrival of Ella's little brother or sister. I am sure big sister Ella has been watching over all of us and has gotten us to this point so far.
- Donations, Donations and Donations! That is what we have been up to as well. We continue to keep donating our bags to Children's in St. Paul, Children's in Minneapolis and U of M Amplatz's Children’s. So many families are receiving our welcome bags and knowing there are others who are out there who are thinking of them during their long extended NICU stay.
Even more fun to come this summer. Check back often and we will promise to keep you all up to date on what we are busy working away on at Ella's Halo!