Thursday, July 7, 2011

Random Thoughts

It has been awhile since I have sat down and posted my thoughts on here.  Here are a few things that have been on my mind lately.
  • We spent the 4th of July up at the lake this past weekend.  It was nice to have a few extra days to relax. The weather was perfect!  I even got out to the cemetery and took a beautiful picture with a pink sunset in the background.  Every holiday always brings a little sadness and reminds us that someone is missing.  But I am sure my baby girl was celebrating and enjoying the fireworks too.
  • It was nice to have a little vacation, however, when I get back my mind races with new ideas for Ella's Halo.  We are meeting with a couple of people from Amplatz Children's Hospital to share an idea I have brewing.  Looking forward to get their feedback and their ideas about how we can get this idea moving. 
  • We love working with other organizations and meeting other people who have started  small nonprofits too.  Especially ones that help children!  We have been tossing around an idea to put together a joint event with another nonprofit called Sweet Dreams for Kids who donates pajamas to sick kids in the hospital.  How perfect would blankets and pjs go together for kids who are in the hospital. 
  • Faith's Lodge, another nonprofit that is near and dear to our hearts, was hit by a bad storm this past weekend.  They are in need of volunteers and donations to help in the clean up.  Check out their facebook page to learn more about ways you can help.
  • Ryan and I had a quote featured in the Children's Hospital and Clinics of Minnesota Annual Report.  Check it out here to see our quote on their website.  We are so honored that they choose our quote about why we love Children's and why we help donate to the NICU.
  • On June 16th and June 20th, Ella's Halo donated another 200 welcome bags to Children's Hospital and Clinics of Minnesota at both the St. Paul and Minneapolis locations.  It brings our total of bags donated since January 2011 to 500!  How awesome is that! 

  • As always, we are looking for people who would like to partner up with ideas, discuss donation options, if you would like to be our next Feature Family, or if you want to donate your talents such as graphic design work, writing or other advertising skills and also MOMs clubs.  We would love to come to talk to MOMs clubs, boy/girl scouts, or other organizations looking for ways to help the community.  We have some fun projects coming up and are looking for volunteers and people who will help us spread the word about Ella's Halo.  Please email me if you are interested in helping out in any way at info@ellashalo.com.  We would love to hear from you.
  • Lastly, I am so looking forward to our next board meeting this month.  I love getting together with our board and sharing ideas about how we can continue to help others.  Plus we need to start working on our next event and work on some of our goals!  I can't wait to see them, we kind of miss them since we really haven't gotten together since BOWLING! 
Wow, I guess I need to get better about posting what we are thinking and what we have been up to on here.  It is getting to be a long list!  The first half of the year was awesome and I am so excited about what the second half of 2011 will bring!

0 comments:

Post a Comment