Sunday, September 20, 2009

One Year Ago

One year can definitely change a person. I am one year older today, last year I was only 28! My heart is bigger, I am more compassionate and want to help ALL sick and tiny babies, last year I just wanted a baby of my own. This year I am a mother, last year I was just a wife to my loving husband. This year I have a baby angel in heaven, last year I was trying to get pregnant. This year I am stronger…..stronger than I ever thought I was, last year I was weak and didn’t think I could take what life was going to give me. This year I have lots of wrinkles from a few months of stress, last year I was afraid of getting old and of getting one gray hair. This year I finally get what life is all about, last year I was just living and doing what I “thought” was important. This year I am wiser, both medically and spiritually, last year I pretended I knew it all.

Life doesn’t always go as planned. But maybe that is part of the wonder of it all… it is part of the ride that we are all on. I know that we have had a difficult year but I feel blessed that we got to have an angel enter our lives for a brief moment; she helped me grow into a better person and she challenged me to see that there is a bigger part to life. In the end, Ella helped to make me someone more than I thought I ever was or could be. She helped me to open my mind, my heart, my arms and my soul….I thank my lucky stars for my little angel and for another year to do what I should have been doing all along.

1 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Ahh, very beautifully written, as usual. You have had such an amazing year full of highs and lows. And I know Ella was up in heaven, celebrating her mama's birthday yesterday!

Post a Comment