Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Sweetest Thing

We are surrounded by so many generous and caring people. Ryan and I keep getting asked how others can help...and we really aren't quite sure yet. We are still working out all of those details and trying to get Ella's HALO set up legally that we haven't figured out what others can help with yet.
However, a very sweet and thoughtful family in Chicago decided that they wanted to help. Anne contacted me and said that she was going to get in touch with the Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago and see if they would like to have blankets donated. Her blog shares their story and tears came to my eyes as I read it and I saw the pictures of her beautiful little girl sitting by the stack of blankets they donated. It is such a wonderful story and I know that our little girl Ella is smiling with pride at what their family has done for other babies and families in the NICU in Chicago. Not only is our little girl smiling from heaven but I am sure there are a few mommies and daddies in Chicago smiling too because of their generous donation.
I never imagined that our little idea would spread to other cities. I can't even believe all of the support we are getting from our friends here in the Twin Cities. It is the sweetest thing that others see there is a need to help NICU babies have the feeling of home while they are in the hospital. That those sweet little comforts of home help to make life more bearable, a little more hopeful and definitely more special for those little babies while they are in the hospital here in Minneapolis...or Chicago!

0 comments:

Post a Comment