Monday, January 25, 2010

Skips a Beat

My heart skips a beat. It skips a beat when I see a pregnant woman glowing as she is walking down the street. Skips a beat, when I see little babies all dressed in pink. Skips a beat, when I hear a little baby cry and a mother rushes to calm it. Skips a beat, when I see a daddy holding a little girl in his arms whispering he loves her. Skips a beat, when I see a little blond girl squeezing her mommy’s neck hugging tight. Skips a beat, when I see a little girl holding her little dolly playing house. Skips a beat, when I see a bunch of girls at T-ball practice running the bases. Skips a beat, when I see a daddy teaching his little girl to ride bike down the street. Skips a beat, when I see teenage girls giggling and gossiping in the mall. Skips a beat, when I see cheerleaders at a high school football game yelling go fight and win. Skips a beat, when I see a young girl behind the wheel learning to drive as her mother is holding on for dear life. Skips a beat, when I see parents packing up their cars to send their daughters off to college. Skips a beat, when I see a father walk his princess down the aisle. It skips a beat every time I think of the things we will miss doing with Ella. Every hope and dream that we had for her that now won’t come true. It skips a beat knowing that we won’t have these memories with our own sweet daughter.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

an our hearts skip a beat everytime we think of you guys.... HUGS and prayers

Anonymous said...

You make my heart skip a beat and you take my breath away with the feelings you are able to put into words. Your heart is breaking and yet you give us all comfort. I wish we could give it back to you guys as well. We love you both and Ella will always be with us.

Jackie Werner said...

awe, I'm bawling! You say it so well!

Post a Comment