Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Heart

One year ago today my heart broke.  It broke into a million little pieces and I didn't know what I was going to do, how I was going to live without her, and how I was ever going to put my broken heart back together.  My heart was so heavy with pain it was hard to imagine it ever being the same.

But, ever since that day, June 16, 2009, I have been desperately trying to pick up the pieces. Trying to put my heart together again and to find some way to fill that aching hole.  Desperately trying to hold on, desperately trying to find the broken pieces to my heart.

Now it is already 365 days later, my heart still heavy with pain but also heavy with love  It is slowly rebuilding, but will always be missing a piece .  That piece a little girl is holding in heaven, piece of my heart will always be in heaven. And the hole I will never be able to fill is reserved for that sweet little angel.

How very softly you tiptoed into my world.

Almost silently you stayed,

but what an imprint your footsteps

have left upon my heart

A heart of gold stopped beating

My baby girl's eyes at rest

God broke our hearts to prove,

He only takes the best.

God knew she had to leave us,

but she did not go alone.

For part of us went with her,

the day He took her home.

To some she is forgotten,

to others...just the past,

but to us who loved and lost her

memories will always last.

By Dorothy Ferguson

So today, we wear pink to honor our little girl's life and to love and remember that piece of our heart that lives in heaven.  That piece of our heart that flew to heaven on June 16th.

Ella, we love you and miss you everyday.  We will never forget you and you will always have a place in our hearts.  You will always be our little girl.  Happy Angelversary!

0 comments:

Post a Comment