Thursday, October 1, 2009

Rain

It is raining here in Minneapolis today. These types of days bring me back to the day Ella left us; it was a beautiful summer day. The sun was shining when we got the call and ran as fast as we could into the hospital. We were there for hours and when we said our goodbyes and came out that sad night it was raining…..not a hard rain but a soft warm rain. It almost felt like God was crying with us and hugging us at the same time. Now every time it rains it brings me back to that night we left the hospital for the last time. Sometimes my sad emotions come back and other times it brings me peace. I know that it is okay to cry after all of this time, it is okay to let others hug me when I am down, and it is okay to be sad sometimes. Rain is beautiful, peaceful and comforting…I know it is God’s way of letting us know that he feels our pain too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment